Tuesday, May 08, 2007

goin' to the dr.



Hi efurrybuddy, J.P. Buzzerbee here . . .
I really wanted to thank efurryone so much for all of their kind words and purrayers. My mom is kinda a mess right now, and all of your support has helped her lotz.
Tomorrow is kinda a big day for me; I'm gonna get my biopsy and meet with an oncologist. Hopefully I'll just be pretty sleepy thru most of it, and Jim & my mom will do most of the talkin' with the doctors.
I'm doin' okay . . . the lasix has been keepin' the fluid in my chest under control so I can breathe better than I did last week. Food isn't really doin' much for me these days, but today my mom put some chicken breast in a little broth (low sodium) and baked it in the oven for me. 15 minutes later, I was chowin' down! I actually ate two whole "tenders" by myself! Well, maybe Meep helped a little bit.
Speakin' of Meep, he has been bein' a great little brother. He doesn't bug me much, and he cheers-up my mom when she gets sad.
One thing that's got me a little concerned is this crazy pink carrier . . . I mean I might not be feelin' so great, but I'm still all boy-cat. Jim and my mom got it for me over the week-end 'cause it zips open all the way around. That way if my chest is sore from fluid or procedures, nobody has to pick me up to get me in or out. I can just lay flat on the bottom, and they can zip-open/zip-closed the carrier around me. I gotta admit that does seem like a nice feature, but c'mon - pink?!?!
Okay . . . I'm feelin' a little bit tired so I'm gonna go lay-down. I'll have my mom post after the doctor appointments so y'all know what's goin' on. I may be a lover, but I'm still a fighter. I'm gonna do all that I can to get well, and I know that Jim & my mom will do their best to make good decisions for me. Once again, thank you all so very much for your thoughts & purrayers.

10 Comments:

Blogger Just Ducky said...

Hi Buzz thanks for the update. Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Like the carrier they got, a good idea that you don't have to get smooshed into a carrier. But remember you won't have to see the pink when you are inside of this thing.

May 8, 2007 at 8:37 PM  
Blogger Parker said...

Thanks for letting us know what is going on with you. You have all of our purrs and prayers. Hugs to you and your Mommy - Meep too!

May 8, 2007 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

What a wonderfully handsome carrier...even if it is pink it's very manly. Buzzerbee, Tommy and I are sending lots of love to you and your family.

May your doctors be blessed with tender hearts, gentle hands and lots of wisdom. And may you, sweet Buzzerbee, feel the love coming your way from all of us and know your mom and dad will make the right and courageous decisions based on that wonderful love they have for you.

May 8, 2007 at 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buzz, we are thinking good thoughts for you. Jim and your mom are very smart beans indeed to get that carrier.

Maybe your mom could get you some baby food? Or that brown stuff that comes in a tube that has vitamins and calories? But I gotta admit that chicken sounds pretty good too!

Purrs & Nuzzles from us to you and Meep and Jim and your mom too!

May 8, 2007 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Thanks fur da update. We'll keep yoo in our purrs and purrayer tomoro. Dat is a furry kewl carrier effun if it is pink. Oh, Speedy sez dat reel mancats can do pink and not worry 'bout it.

May 9, 2007 at 12:19 AM  
Blogger a fluffy feline friend said...

Sending purrs to you!!

May 9, 2007 at 12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there baby. Everything will be fine.

Note to mom: My cat Rowdy is going through chemotherapy now. She's doing pretty well. I've seen a drastic improvement since she started her treatments. Keep us informed how Buzzerbee is doing. Give him and Meeps big hugs and kisses.

May 9, 2007 at 8:17 AM  
Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

We hope everything goes well. The vet told Mommy that chemo isn't as hard on cats as it is humans. Vincent would tell you that radiation wasn't all that bad either. We are purraying for you.

May 9, 2007 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

HI Buzzy!

I hopes yu got yurself a gud nappie, I promise I will be thinkin of yu tomorrow and sending all of my healing purrs yur way. I hope efurryfing goes real well.

Let Meep let us knoo how yu are if'n yu don't feel like bloggin, OK?

Abby

May 9, 2007 at 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we like your pink carrier, and the zippy thing is a furry good idea. pink goes really really well with black fur too.

May 11, 2007 at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home